Senior Investment Manager
Published 07/21/2022 by Global Communities
Vitas Group is a network of non-bank financial companies operating in the MSME lending sector in the MENA region. Since 2004, group companies have disbursed more than $3 billion in loans with a >98% repayment rate.
Vitas Ventures, a subsidiary of Vitas Group, aims to invest in early stage, technology-led companies addressing market gaps in SME/supply-chain/micro finance in the Middle East, Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia. Vitas Ventures recently closed its first investment in a consumer technology platform operating in two of its subsidiary countries.
This role will lead the development of new investment opportunities, lead prospective investments through our investment process, and manage a portfolio of companies post-investment in line with Vitas Ventures’ strategy and investment thesis. This is a highly entrepreneurial role in emerging market venture investing and fintech innovation, suitable for an investment professional based in the Middle East or Africa. The role will also support investor relations, board/investment committee reporting, and other strategic work at the HQ level.
- Lead the development of the investment portfolio by building a strong pipeline of investment opportunities in local markets across the Middle East, Africa and Pakistan region
- Lead all aspects of the investment cycle from origination, initial eligibility screening, on-site due diligence to investment proposal drafting, presentation to senior management and independent investment committee, deal structuring, and portfolio company monitoring
- Lead legal and structuring discussions with potential investees, from formulating initial terms and conditions, to support in drafting and negotiating complex legal agreements
- Build and actively manage portfolio of investments, including potentially representing Vitas Ventures on Boards and/or in a strategic advisory role
- Interface closely with HQ Vitas Group and Vitas Ventures staff, providing key inputs for Ventures eminence and marketing and internal communications to Vitas Group Senior Management, Board, and Investment Committee.
- Build and manage relationships with global and regional investors, entrepreneurs, service providers
- Support in high level strategic discussions including funding and fund structuring, and in representing Vitas Ventures at conferences, events, and other relevant events
- Significant experience in early-stage investing, preferably in equity or quasi equity products, financial services, technology, management consulting, investment banking, and/or marketing – opportunity provides responsibilities scaled to experience.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for entrepreneurship and tech-enabled solutions to poverty and financial inclusion.
- Experience working in or with startups or growth-stage enterprises in emerging markets, ideally as an entrepreneur, manager and/or principal investor.
- Experience working and/or living in Middle East or Africa.
- Exceptional written, communication and presentation skills in English and Arabic
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or similar advanced degree is a significant plus.
- Willingness to travel 30% or more (will be altered based on the status of pandemic-induced travel restrictions).
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected].