Published 04/22/2022 by Global Communities
International agency – Software development team
The software development and support unit of an international organization, based in Belgrade, seeks an enthusiastic and experienced individual to join its team in the position of Data Engineer. The successful candidate would work with the rest of the software development team on the design, development, administration and maintenance of a proprietary, web-based financial software system, which is used to support the organization’s international operations.
As a data engineer you will be responsible for building data pipelines on the cloud data warehouse platform, e.g. Snowflake and Fivetran. You will work closely with the Data Architect and the Business Intelligence Analyst.
- Very good knowledge of advanced SQL, e.g. window functions is a must have requirement (5+ years of experience)
- Very good knowledge of databases, SQL stored procedures, functions
- Very good knowledge of Python or another scripting language
- Very good knowledge of cloud data warehousing, e.g. Snowflake, BigQuery, Azure Synapse, Redshift
- Good knowledge of ETL/ELT concepts, tools, data structure
- Good knowledge of cloud computing, e.g. Azure or AWS
- Good knowledge of DevOps for data warehousing
- Good knowledge of data warehouse architecture (Kimball Data Marts, Inmon Corporate Information Factory, Linstedt Data Vault)
- Good knowledge of source to target mapping
- Good data modeling skills in particular dimensional modeling
- Good understanding of the data warehouse life cycle and the Kimball methodology.
- Good knowledge of data orchestration, data workflows and pipelines, e.g. Apache Airflow
- Tertiary qualifications in electrical engineering, mathematics, computer science or information systems
- Experience with developing financial systems
- Experience with developing BI solutions
- Experience in developing and implementing ETL/ELT
- Experience with system architecture design
- Experience with producing technical documentation
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team
Vitas Group (“Vitas”) is a Global Communities enterprise established in 2006 to own and operate commercially oriented microfinance institutions. Vitas is niche lender in the small enterprise (SE) customer segment and the only impact investment vehicle of its kind in the Middle East region. A total of five companies in MENA currently operate under the Vitas brand – in Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq, Palestine, and Egypt – with a sixth subsidiary in Romania.
The Tech department of the organization (SDS) developed a proprietary Loan Management Software called WebAbacus to serve micro finance needs to her 6 subsidiaries. This software reached its maturity and have seen more than 1 million customers recorded in its databases. It developed overtime highly specialised and dedicated features for micro finance industry and is flexible enough to be configured on premises or in the cloud (2021).
SDS is highly focused on our people and their growth, and we work hard to make a career at SDS meaningful and rewarding. We value innovation, quality, passion, integrity, diversity and responsibility in all that we do, and we are looking for great people to join our team as we move forward towards a very bright future. We strive to work with the cutting edge of technology innovation to keep transforming microfinance lending.
In SDS you will be part of a team that values integrity. You will be able to work freely, flexibly and true to your authentic self. You will be joining a global and diverse family that works together through the good times and bad.
Applicants are invited to send a letter of interest, CV and references via email to [email protected]. Only short-listed candidates who meet the skills required for the roles will be invited for interviews.